Things to do:
When your solo traveling I always recommend booking a few tours at the beginning of your trip and staying in a Hostel!!!! Why???? Giving yourself an opportunity to meet new ppl and make new friends!!!!! So here we go…
1. FAT TIRE bike tour-love love love this tour!!! I’ve taken it 3 times in Paris!!!! It’s great and I highly recommend it if the weather is nice!!! This tour was started by an American guy so ❤🖒🖒🖒!!! English speaking your guides that give great facts and information on the tour!!!! ⛦⛦⛦⛦
2. Picnic in the gardens of the Effiel Tower, Jardin du Luxembourg (6th arrondissement), and The Tuileries Gardens (1st arrondissement) – live like a true Parisian for an afternoon!!!! I recommend saving money by stopping by a grocery store or a outdoor market and packing a nice red wine, fruit, cheese, and a baguette🍊🍷🧀🍞grab a blanket and hang out in garden in front of Effiel Tower, you will love it!!! Great 4 ppl watching, soaking up the sun, and of course the breathtaking views of the Effiel Tower🗼 GREAT FOR PEOPLE WATCHING!!!!!!!
3. French baking class – learn to make macaroons, soufflés and more!!!! Make new friends while having fun!!! Also, LEARN a new skill to take back home and impress your friends and family and also have goodies to snack on during your trip!!! 😍❤🍮
4. Take a day trip to the The Palace of Versailles, Château de Versailles, or simply Versailles, a royal château in Versailles in the Île-de-France region of France. You can hop on a local train and be in Versailles in no time. I recommend booking a tour before hand, such as a bike tour and guided tour of the inside of Versailles Chateau. If you want to save money you can always fly solo and maybe do some research before you go so that you will know abit about the history of the chateau before you go because all of the signs explaining what things are inside the chateau are in French. MUST SEE!!!!!! Pack a lunch and have a picnic in the garden!!
5. Latin Quarter roaming!!! This area is filled with night clubs, bars and restaurants!!! Great place to hang out during the day or at night! Once again I cant emphasize enough how much I recommend walking tours or tours in general when you are solo traveling, you not only get valuable information about what your looking at and seeing around the city, but you get an idea of places you might want to visit again after the tour, but most importantly you get to meet people and it makes your experience so much better and you will feel less like your traveling alone!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: Its important to meet people if your traveling alone for many reasons and one is emergencies. You never know if you will need help on your trip at some point so meeting someone and getting their contact info could be a life safer if an emergency comes up. Once I was in a situation in Rome where, I guy I had just met through a friend was dropping me off at the train station to catch a bus to my apt and he took off with my backpack still in his trunk. I hadn’t exchanged #’s with him all my IMPORTANT stuff was in my backpack , I didn’t have my cell phone or keys to get into my apt and it was 2 am in the morning. In that situation the only reason I didn’t have to sleep outside was because I had the contact of the guys friend because we friended each other on Facebook!!!! BTW- love it or hate it, when traveling solo its important to have Facebook. It saved the day for me on several occasions where I didn’t have a persons # or a phone that worked. You can always go to an internet café and log into Facebook to contact a person. I have so many stories guys so many!!!! Trust me it can be a life safer at times when traveling alone.